Handmade Ceramic Soap Dishes
You’ve got the soap, now here’s the dish. At last, you can reverentially place your solid soap on its own little shrine to hygiene. No plastic involved, just what you’ve been praying for!
Soap dish designs and styles in the order of the above photos:
1. Deep Blue Flower Circle - no drainage holes
2. Light Blue Lace Pattern on Snowy Circle with holes
3. Citrus Zing (reddish with greenish highlights) Flower Octagon with holes
4. Steel Celtic Octagon with holes
5. Deep Blue Flower Square with holes
6. Cornflower Blue Flower Square with holes
7. Stormy Grey/Blue Grecian Rectangle with holes
8. Jade Green Celtic Rectangle with holes
9. Grey Mist Grecian Oval with holes
10. Ancient Jasper Celtic Oval with holes
11. Red and Purple Patterned Oval with holes
12. Raspberry Shell with holes
13. Deep Blue Shell with holes
14. Soft Jade Green Leaf with holes
Get your hands on these one of a kind, beautiful ceramic soap dishes, handmade by my very own mother. The designs on the soap dishes are produced using a piece of vintage crocheted lace which was owned by my nan (and possibly even made by her!) Creative reuse, right? Each soap dish is handmade, so like snowflakes, no two pottery soap dishes made by Maggie Derry, (my mom) will ever be the same, meaning you get your own uniquely designed piece.
These soap dishes are approximately 10.5cm to 11cm in diameter, but every dish differs, so it may not be exactly that. The oval soap dishes are smaller than the rest, approx 10cm x 7.5cm, which will neatly fit half a bar of soap. The rectangles are also smaller, at 11cm x 7cm. I’m just giving you an idea, so you know how it will fit on the sink or the side in your bathroom.